1) Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; set aside. Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
2) Gradually stir in flour mixture until well mixed. Wrap dough in wax paper and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
YUMMY SUGAR COOKIES:
Make your own Snowman Jim; 2 dozen of them!
3) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into shapes with favorite cookie cutters. Place on greased parchment lined backing sheets.
4) Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
5) Decorate as you wish. Enjoy!
2.5 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract